Test before transmission …
Most modern SW radios have a bit or built in test. This test allows you to test your transmission strength BEFORE using the radio – using squelch from the hand set button. Be sure to test before transmitting – if you don’t have a good test, you can damage the radio.
Adjust lip on wire coil at base of antenna: up (shorter wave length in meters), down (longer wave length in meters). Daytime is shorter in meters, night tends to be longer wave transmission mode.
Helpful Links …
- Signal Identification: https://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Signal_Identification
- Software defined receivers: https://swling.com/db/software-defined-sdr
- Di-pole antenna: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipole_antenna
Video Links …
- Learn about SWL (shortwave listening): https://youtu.be/vYX3y9GZDdg
- Shortwave as “Dark Web” of Radio: https://youtu.be/52eNrXa8M9Q
- Intro to Shortwave Radio: https://youtu.be/6FQ0cVwmXuQ
- A good SWL YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw7FKchRP3oVw4Nh_L7oPAQ
- RTL/DATA Radiogram transmission: https://youtu.be/h2H-peNviWk
- Antenna basics: https://youtu.be/n8_iSL4xKj8